Wednesday, February 16, 2005

42 degrees on the beach

Well i feel that i look like a bit of a chubby chump in that pic with Lilo and Jenn. But hey its one of my only pics so it will have to do. eek, yesterday was something like 42 degrees celcius! I went down to the only rescue location: the beach, and found myself in a pickle. Clint Roberts and meself bounded in to the water, and then wandered to the beach bar and sank a couple of beers. Then, the only reasonable thing to do was to jump back in the water again. Three rounds of this later we were starting to feel the booze in our brains, so we waited until Clint's girlie Michelle arrived straight from work. Then she joined in and we were still on the beach doing this (and eating oysters with our beers) until it was well dark. Finally we dragged ourselves away, only to go home, grab some tunes and go down to South Beach, where we pretty much were the only folk. Sheriff (the dog) bounded around whilst we sunk a few bourbons and by the time we left, we were heartily stonkered. All was well in the land of Perth in the Summertime. As much as I miss my feral and dodgy-fun-times life in inner city Sydney, no other city in Australia quite pulls off a sunset like Perth. I knew there was a reason why I chose to live here..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here