Thursday, February 17, 2005

Factory work

eeep. I just did a shift in a cardboard factory. whoah. great money (ie, $10 an hour more than in my other regular paying casual job), but hey i feel like i've sold my soul. you gotta be fit to maintain this kind of work, and what's more, I can't help get that feeling that I have failed in life every time I take a shift. Of course that's baloney, but i had hoped that once i finished uni i'd be scooped up by some NGO or world corporation and be saving the world by now. Now i know all's fine, but i just can't enjoy that kind of work. of course I will keep doing it, as one day a week of that and I can afford to go out and buy a few beers. and like I said before, it keeps me fit, and nothing like a buff bod to keep Jess' eyes on me. Funny thing was, i met another Curtin student there, who studies social sciences! Just the same as what i just finished. Small city, this town of Perth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here