Wednesday, August 31, 2005

One good reason to visit the Baltic states, other than for Latvian alcohol


Well now I am getting all out of order with all my travel diaries, but hey, I just had to put this pic of the great Frank Zappa on my blog. Frank Zappa was well loved by the people of Eastern Europe, especially by the good folk of Lithuania. When he died of prostate cancer in the early 90s, a group of devotees in Vilnius made a statue of him, and me being ever the intrepid traveller made well sure I paid homage to my teenage music hero! It was a pity it was located in the carpark of a chemist, but hey, its a statue of the great man!
I was in Vilnius as part of my epic travels in 2001. I'll tell that story once I'm finished with 1997's tales of the road. I've just been warned of telling my stories, and that people will rip off my stories and use them for themselves. Thats a bit of a worry, it would suck to hear my adventures being told by someone else, and even worse if it made them famous and rich!
bah!

1 Comments:

Blogger crallspace said...

The statue head? I'd rather drink...

9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here