Friday, September 30, 2005

I am the next Baron Von Helfenstein! Bow down before me, all ye peasants!

I officially would like to marry a wealthy heiress, so as I can live without having to work. That way I will be able to spend my days travelling and making art house films, stopping every now and then to have cocktails at the nearest port with some of my entourage. We will enter discussion with the world's leaders and I will use my wealth to benevolently fund needy NGOs.

So, who's up for it? It'll be fun!
..not wanting to sound really snotty, but.. I really am related to aristocracy (isn't everyone, somewhere down the gene lines?). One of my distant relatives was the Baron Von Helfenstein of Wurttemburg. Unfortunately he died 500 years ago (he was reportedly a nasty-pasty feudal aristocrat controlling a decent portion of South-western Germany)and since then the wealth has not trickled down to myself, but hey, what a claim to fame! I should go and claim that I am heir to one of the castles near Ulm, yeah, I'll do it! ..I'm sure they'll hand it to me when the German Government realises that it's my birthright.

.. enough of my self indulgent rambles.. time to get back to this report I have to write before 5pm at work..

4 Comments:

Blogger mrlederhosen said...

what a fine idea! here here! next thing is to start working on that moustache..
nah, i don't think i'm stuffy enough to be a baron. there just wasn't enough cliched Prussian discipline in my upbringing, i'm afraid :P
Maybe I should start calling my blog: "the adventuress of Baron Von Lederhosen"?

4:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always knew you were a posh git!!! haha, this is an anonymous insult!!!!!

12:19 am  
Blogger Elise said...

Baron??? That looks like "The Sound of Music"

11:34 pm  
Blogger CountessPrax said...

What a coincidence, I am Countess of Helfenstein! and a Scorpio! What do you make of it?....

1:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here