Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The nerdy side of mrlederhosen reared its head on the weekend, and led to the purchase of lots of books and dvds at a bargain sale. It was terrible, there were piles of things everywhere, and before long I had bored my friends and ended up with heaps of stuff! My bag included the following:

-dj shadow live in 2001 (dvd and cd)
-down from the mountain (a live dvd recording of a live performance of the music from O Brother Where Art Thou?)
-portishead short films and live in NY dvd
-a $2.99 1950s sci-fi film that I've already forgotten the title of
-a big book of East German memorabilia (yes here comes the inner nerd..)
-a book about Paraguay (I mean who really knows anything about Paraguay!)
-a Stalin biography by Martin Amis
-Angela Anaconda fridge magnets
.. and a few other random things.

I also ended up with a large pile of Steve Reich albums, that man is the best composer ever!
Some of the new music I've gathered:

Sam Prekop - Who's Your New Professor?
Proem - Darker Still
000 - Upon Cycles (thanks to the SUPER EMMA for that gift! - You're tops, I will phone you ASAP!)
and loads of Indonesian Gamelan.
Who Links Here