Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Feeling introspective

Today we had the first rains. They were the first signs of a change of seasons. I just loved the sultry afternoon as the sky brooded and then burst forth with a blast of wind and heaving rain. The change was such a long time coming - I needed this so much.

The skies were still full of light, but the rain came down strong. It was only a fleeting moment of 5 maybe 10 minutes, but in that time it felt as if I was in the middle of a rainbow. I was on the bus in traffic, yet for that moment it was as if I was in a kaleidescope of colours. It was the perfect soundtrack for some drifting Boards of Canada music. Once the bus turned towards the river and the freeway at the Bell Tower, the moment had passed. That was the moment that Autumn, and a new season for me had begun.

I have had so much bad news lately, I wasn't up to saying in my last entry that my other rat, Cupcake, died last Thursday. I'll miss her, Cupcake and Hermione were such a team of energetic little pranksters, it is hard to imagine they are no longer with us. But Jess still has Gerti, I'm sure that she will get a lot of attention, more than ever now that she is on her own.

Cupcake was my little terror, I've never seen such a small animal run so fast. I feel sad and yet happy when I think of all the times she surprised me, especially when she always used to jump onto me as I was unsuspectingly watching tv. Sigh, life is so quick for a rat. Adios Cuppycakes!


4 Comments:

Blogger Elise said...

sorry... :(

so sad when we loose a pet.

9:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an evocative description of the rains. I hope you aren't missing cupcake too much Mr. Grant. xxxx

4:07 pm  
Blogger mrlederhosen said...

Thanks for the support! It all helps.
Cheers.

10:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sad that Cupcake is gone so soon after Hermi. Hope you feel better soon.

4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here