Sunday, March 05, 2006

I was strolling past a construction site this week and whilst I stumbled past the entrance through the rubble, I noticed some writing on a pillar. I looked a little closer, and realised I was looking at the original writing from a shopfront from when the building was first built. The shop is located opposite His Majesty's Theatre on the corner of King Street.



On the wall next to this, there was a menu offering cool drinks and snacks for 6d (six pence). Here in front of me was an uncovered piece of history, and in true keeping with Perth's ethos of being a modern city that smashes down any history, I imagine that by the next time I walk down Hay Street this little old shop will be some glistening boutique.

It'd be cool if they could incorporate the old milk bar signs into the new shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here