Saturday, February 25, 2006

It's going to be a whopper weekend. Glyn is having his buck's party tonight, starting in just a few hours from now..

Oh yes and to all of you who write to me, I have recently had my access cut to blogland at work, so that is why I haven't returned mails to anyone lately. I'll just have to be more vigilant to write at night when I get home. ..oh yes and everyone - check out Julie's website and buy her books cos she is the greatest! (the link is just to the right here ->)

Albums currently on rotation on my hard working stereo:

Orb - Okie dokie its the Orb on kompakt
Thomas Fehlman - Visions of Blah
Beck - Guero (and also Guerolito)
Flaming Lips - that long titled album yoshi robots thing..
Mondo Bossa o quatro (one of those sleazy Italian lounge/bossa nova compilations) - just perfect for these stinky hot 32 degree sultry nights we've been having here.
The Tigers - Jeez i forgot the name of it and the cd case is downstairs but it's great stuff from the Perth scene.
Pivot - Make me love you

The Pivot website is http://www.pivotisagoodboy.com/ They are coming to Perth on the 3rd of March, with Hoopers Store and the Tigers as well. I'll be there for sure!

Hoopers Store are great! They played a great set on Thursday night at the Hyde Park with Sabre Tooth Tigers and a Czech band called Sebot. I think that's how you spell it, or else its Sabot. They consisted of one really wacky bass player in that Primus kinda way, and a drummer. These guys were great, lots of energy and a doco about themselves projected on the wall behind them. The next time I'm in Tabor I will be sure to drop by and say howdi.

Oh yeah and other music news: Cinema Prague are reforming and will be touring Australia! Well at least that's what George K told me when I bumped into him on the street the other day. As far as I'm concerned it's a freakin' travesty that Cinema Prague never conquered the world in the 90s, so I hope it's all go when they get Rex back from Germany in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here