Thursday, February 24, 2005

Hooray! A weekend with parties n stuff in the Summer at last!

Oh no, i'd said to myself "no more whingey blog entries" so i really shouldn't wang on about the incompetencies of Curtin University's administration staff. So i won't! Yay, that wasn't too hard. Now to the fun stuff. I was saying in earlier entries that life had been dull this summer. Well, the last week has changed that. Thursday I was up all night doing stuff, Friday I had Anna's Birthday party. Finally, a good house party with lots of people and new and interesting folk to meet. It was complete with Kinder Surprise and other second hand toys hanging off the clothes line for each guest to take home as a memento. Although, like at most parties, I never really got the chance to hang out with the Birthday girl.
Saturday. Jess came back to Perth and got to see her again. Early evening I went to see Bill Bryson do some live interview at the concert hall. Was cool but it would've been cooler if he was just doing spoken word stuff, that way we would have had more personality and spontenaity thrown in. Later on I went to Bek's 21st at the Hudson bar, all of Jess' peeps were there. Had some drinks and amazingly met the girls from last night's party again (not surprising in Perth I suppose). Then it was followed by a night of clubbing, which made it hard to be full o' beans for Sundays' Good Vibrations festival at Belvoir Amphitheatre.
Ah, Good Vibrations! So much fun. I can happily say that most of the performances there were FANTASTIC! Mylo was great, the Scissor Sisters were great, Bent was great! Everything was tops about it, and the highlight for me was this comedy performance team called the Cuban Brothers. They were one latin guy and two black guys. They had the crowd in their hands, they were so funny. By the end, they were all in their underpants dancing, and as a finale, the main man ripped his g-string off, and did some nude breakdancing to Lionel Ritchie's All night long, before running through the crowd!
Yes it was a good weekend. EERk, this week, though, has been mainly getting signed up for my post graduate units. It was yuk. But Orientation day was good yesterday, I got to see the Panda Band and as usual Downsyde played and made everyone get lively, as well as everyone drinking a lot of beer!
Responsibility starts on Saturday, my first subject starts then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here