Wednesday, March 30, 2005

DJing in the rain

Enough of the emotional purge that was last weeks rant. The last couple of days here have been aching to rain. The tension in the air has been massive, and I spent Easter Sunday with the extended family sitting around in our backyard baking in the humidity of tropical weather. After surviving the drive back from Bridgetown, we arrived just in time to meet the full relli bash, all stinky and messed up from the previous nights partying. After the afternoon of chatting and sweating, of course I was called in to dj an extended 3 hour ambient zone on RTR fm (www.rtrfm.com.au ) with Gav. Just as I was chilling out with Sarah and Jeffo by his pool, the skies opened up and absolutely trashed Bullcreek. We snuggled up in his lounge and got spooked to the Butterfly Effect, and then I had to hit the road in the mega-storm. The new RTR studios have a window facing the laneway behind Planet Video, and as I settled into an hour of our super muzak special, the lightning lit up our dingy space as we spun the discs. It didn't stop until 12.30am, by which time Gav and I were lulled almost to sleep by our ambient electro tunes. The drive home was bizarre, only hours before it had been almost desert conditions in Perth, and now Charles Street was flooded.
Of course, now I have just blown an hour of my essay writing time for this uni assignment on planning theory. Looks like another procrastination session for mrlederhosen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here