Thursday, June 09, 2005

1 essay to go before freedom

Woo hoo! One essay complete! Coming in at a wordcount of 3,420 words, I am happy to say I hope I never see it again. Of course now I have to start the next essay, of which I really have no idea what to do..
Hey I thought I'd mention that I've started hanging with Tom again. He's my old best bud from Sydney and we haven't seen each other in years, but we've recently got in touch again, and i'm real happy 'bout that. I hate how you look back on fun times you have had and wonder where the people you did it all with disappear to. Well I tracked down Mr T and he's a Queensland boy these days. I'll try not to hold that against him, but if he gets that Queensland accent - he's gotta go! I wonder what happened to everyone else from those days.. I spose I am the guy who left Sydney, but still it'd be great to find out what everyone's doing with their lives. Vince is in Marrickville with Sue, Kitty's off the picture, Button is still in Darlinghurst, Kitt and Connor are still at Alpha House and that's about all I know. Funny how when you charge ahead with your life you can lose touch. I keep in touch with my Euro pals cos I buy the phone cards and harass them every few months, but with the local-ish friends, that's harder. Life would be hard without my regular dose of Emma (the Irish sex-fiend), and then Sarah the pom, Katrin and Senta in Berlin, Kelin in Tartu, Renata in Warsaw (or wherever she is), Walter the yank, and Anna in Thailand.

Well, when I finally get a job, I assume one day I will then have $$. I think I have to travel again soon. Life is too short to be in Perth all the time, especially when it is the most isolated city in the world! But now I have got myself in another pickle; I have some great new friends here now, and its so great to have my old school friends around. Life here is good.
Ah huh! I have an answer. I'll travel with my new friends! Sheesh I'm a right clever trousers sometimes ;P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the thing is though, everyone goes away worrying about all the things that they're going to miss out on... and then they get back and nothing has changed. its comforting and... sad... at the same time.

yay! now you're accepting my comments! i feel like a real person now!

2:38 pm  
Blogger Elise said...

http://blogshares.com/blogs.php?blog=http%3A%2F%2Fmrlederhosen.blogspot.com%2F

What's wrong with Queensland accent? :)

Happy for you, big kiss

Elise

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here