Monday, June 06, 2005

Elvis burgers no more

Last night I surprised myself by sitting in front of the telly whilst eating dinner and watched a documentary about Elvis Presley. I was scornful of the annoying 60 minutes style at the start, but soon I was dragged into watching it to the end. The funny thing is I normally hate schmaltz like that, but I realised that I knew nothing about him. Now I feel bad for using his name in vain everytime I eat a burger or feel bloated. As annoying as those sycophantic shows about celebrities are, I had never realised how much of a socially responsible bloke he was, and how his decline was actually pretty tragic. Wow, I learned something from tv. What'll it be next - I learn to love everyone because Jerry Springer teaches me a lesson from the weirdos on his show? .. I need to get out more..

2 Comments:

Blogger Elise said...

Yes, you do. But if you want to watch TV, at least watch Oprah. She rocks, I love her. :p

6:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. harley davidson dog coats small wool blanket coats Car gps rating Taking hormone cream with zoloft Rhinoplasty jacksonville florida lexus ls 400 hesitation Affiliate program earn Spyder coat coat of arms supporters Wide leg pinstripe pants

2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here