Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I'm feeling shallow at the moment. I am so loaded up with uni work that I feel like I am not really thinking, other than in student mode. I want to feel like I have a life again. Errg. This blog is turning out to be a whinge-pad.. again! well, it'll charge up again soon, once i have handed all my work in. Only 3 projects to go..
To make myself feel better, last night Jessica and I went to Planet in Mt Lawley for some escapism to find some new music. Instead I found an awesome German film in a bargain bin! I'm such a nerd sometimes.. It's one of those epic films that move slowly, and you catch the end of after coming home from a late night and switch on the telly. I've been looking for it for months, but suddenly there it was, sitting in the $14 bin! It's called 'Aguirre, wrath of god', directed by Werner Herzog, and its set in the Amazon during the time of the Spanish conquest. One day i'll be a real nerd and by a projector so I can watch these films on the big screen! Pity no one is as interested in these things as I am.. a wierdo film boffin friend is so hard to find. Emma was good for this, we used to catch wacky films at the Irish Film Centre every week, and we saw some whoppers! I bought myself 'Requiem for a Dream' months ago, but still can't bring myself to watch it. It was too similar to a situation that happened in my life a few years ago with a friend, and it just makes me feel really depressed. SO, if someone reads this who lives in Perth, and is interested in rainy Sundays movie action, write to me, cos I wanna meet ya!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yessums, they were the good aul days!! i'm sure you'll find a movie boffin to sit around dodgy movie halls with soon. did i ever tell you nearly every cool smalltime decrepit cinema in Dublin has been closed for ages now? the Stella in Rathmines, the Classic in Harolds Cross...don't know if you ever visited any of these places, but I did, and I really lament their passing. Savoy was renovated in retro style a while ago...you'd love it! Planet Sound was it? I remember that cool shop!!!see you, emma

4:46 pm  
Blogger MR said...

Hi sweety

We'll have to go celebrate finishing exams. I finish this monday. How about you?

4:10 pm  
Blogger mrlederhosen said...

I finish on the 17th. Yes, disco party action will be required! We'll be in touch..

2:06 pm  
Blogger mrlederhosen said...

Emma!
I have a funky friend who has just moved to Dublin this week. Her name's Sarah, she's from England and we travelled around Thailand together. I think you guys would get on great! I'll let you know the details when we chat next.
Hugs, G

10:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
Letarte swimwear model pilates home studio Skechers at famous footwear Pamela anderson brett michals Wyoming meridia legal acura tsx navigation system Tmobile phone upgrade violations at polk boot camp for girls Free outlook stationery farewell Buffalo skin football gift Soft sided waterbed laurel shoes flats

3:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here