Thursday, May 26, 2005

Am I destined to become a faceless government 'suit'?

Jeepers! I am applying for a government job, and the selection criteria just keeps on going! I have only ever worked for private companies, so I am not used to the endless forms and info that I have to fill in in order to qualify for an interview. Yes of course I want equal opportunity in the workplace, but do I really need to write it in an application? As if anyone who didn't want it would write that anyway! Ah, imagine if I get a govt job? ..rights.. time in lieu.. overtime pay! Wow, things that the world of small business never offered me. Of course i'm sure i'd be part of the machine in the govt, whereas I could have an opinion in the private world, but hey, I'd welcome the change.
Oh and to add to yesterday's entry, the premier of the state, Geoff Gallop, lives in Vic Park. Rumour has it his street got hit by the POO FLOW. So there you go, even the big boys can suffer sometimes along with the people. hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here