Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Southbound Festival

Unlike the others, I had to work on Friday, so I started the drive to Busselton early on Saturday morning. Two and a half hours later I was at a huge tented area, I kid you not, there were multi-thousands of tents already set up under the trees and on the paddocks. Miss Sarah was my welcoming team and before we knew it I had teamed up with her bunch of friends. Wei, Dan, the 3 Norwegians, Sarah and myself made a tight unit and proceeded to boogey on down. The sun was extreme, actually it wasn't too hot, but I tells ya at 1pm with a beer in your hand and dancing in the sun, it is very dehydrating and I sure felt like I was going to melt! Of course there was the obligatory new-to-Australia Euro type who refused to wear sunscreen and was looking like a lobster by 3pm, I imagine he won't be calling sunscreen 'pansy cream' again soon!

We got to see all the bands I had most wanted to see, ie. Eskimo Joe, Sleepy Jackson, Basement Jaxx, Modest Mouse and a few others. My favourite act by far was Jamie Liddell, very cool performer indeed, what with his dressing gown antics on stage!

I then bumped into Sue and Al, and we had some fun, and then I bumped into a bunch of my ex-gf's mates. It was great to see them all, it's sad how a break up can lead to not seeing a whole group of friends anymore. Anyway, after a few vodkas with them, it got dark, and woooah it is hard to navigate through seas of tents when one is inebriated! Hehe yes a good time was had by all. Especially that mad run around in the dark with those indecipherably-accented Scottish backpackers I seemed to spend hours with, what with the thousands of tent ropes to trip us over. You know.. I don't think I even really actually saw their faces properly, let alone learn their names.

The next day for some crazy reason my dodgy friends all wanted to leave early. This pic was taken as we were dismantling our tents at 7am. 7am, sheeeeesh can you believe that?! What a bonehead time to get up, I can't believe I drove back to Perth after only 2 hours of sleep. Anyway, I lived another day to tell my tales.... all is good in the land of G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here