Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A bit of stability and satisfaction would be nice

Last week Caribou (called Manitoba until recently), performed in Perth. It was all drums and noisy sounds, a big klanging circus of good vibes and shimmering psychedelia. I was up the front of the crowd, grinning like a fool through the whole set. What a live band! So much intensity to come from a three piece bunch of guys. It was well worth the ringing ears for the rest of the week.

In other news, it's been a particularly hard week dealing with Jessica's condition. Its been one of those weeks where I've had to look deep inside my soul and find what it is that I look for in a person. I seem to be good at picking the neurotic depressive aggressive girls. Also its been another grim week in the search for work. I've applied for four graduate positions and a couple of others and still no response. I just want to get a decent freaking job, is that too much to ask for? All I have ever known is either hard core stress-out jobs that want me to work at least 50 hours a week, or dumbass work that bores me. When will I find a job that I like? I'm 31, I've just spent 3 1/2 years at uni and I'm still fucking broke. Will it ever end? I'm starting to think my working life will be something where I always have to endlessly compromise more than I am prepared to do. My Dad tells me to take any job 'for now' and work it from there. I just want to get it right, and get the right job now! Other people can do it, why is it always so hard for me?!

Sorry theres no good news from me today, it's all just too hard to write about fun stuff at the moment, until things start getting a little better for me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. I am going to write you a big long cheerful email to try....cheer you up. Keep it real Grant - No one else does as much or as well as you do. Don't forget that dude. lots of love and hugs, emma x

6:48 pm  
Blogger Elise said...

Mr, what can i say? if you need anything email me, ok?
I bet you will do fine! ;)You are resilient!

Big hug, kisses

7:23 pm  
Blogger mrlederhosen said...

Thanks for that! it's cheered me up.
I'll write you both funky emails asap!
G

3:43 pm  
Blogger mrlederhosen said...

Thanks for that! it's cheered me up.
I'll write you both funky emails asap!
G

3:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here