Monday, July 04, 2005

The start of my adventure tales

Whoah. i just got off the phone with the social security interviewer. what a grumpy ass! she was talking to me like I was some kind of dole bludging loser, I hope i get a job really soon, i do not want to have to deal with wankers whilst trying to get a job.

Now that I'm finished from uni, i should start writing down my travel tales. That was the original reason why i started a blog. hmm where to start? How about my tour with the Angry Samoans accross California? That could be a good place to start.

The Angry Samoans were one of the best post-punk bands to come from Oakland and the bay area. Alison Victor, a great friend of mine, scored the job as axe-grinding buxom rock lead guitar chick! I was working as a post production editor, and I was feeling really burned out and in need of a holiday. Alison and I were in regular contact, so she suggested I come on the road with them, on a national tour with Green Day and Rancid. The year was 1997, and both of those bands were at their peak. Opportunities like that don't come around very often, so this proved to be the impetus to kick my job and start my own world tour. I arrived in San Francisco in May, on a sunny day. Hmm, what happened next, oh yes, the next day I went straight to Cameron's girlfriend's bar, the Red Room, for cocktails and nose candy..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's the rest of the story!
grrrr

8:16 pm  
Blogger Elise said...

He likes the suspense...

7:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here