Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Scooterin' in Fremantle


Gantheume Point Boab
Originally uploaded by mrlederhosen
I guess it's time to fill this lil' blog with the latest in the life of mrlederhosen in the month since I last wrote anything.
Well, let's see. Here's this weeks news at least. On Saturday it was Annette's Birthday bash. Annette is Jeffo's girlfriend, and she ingeniously organised a group of about 10 folks of us to hire scooters and hoon around Fremantle and the neighbouring Swan River for 2 hours, before finishing off with a few hours at the Norfolk drinking delightfully refreshing beverages. Then we continued our night at Casa de Brun (the place to be on hot nights). And then, first thing on Sunday morning at the immoral hour of 8:30am I met my ol' friend Christine and we did a full 9 hours of Swan Valley wine tour cruising on the annual 'Spring in the Valley'. Many hours later, I staggered home only to have to drag my sunburnt and bedraggled body to the RTR studios to do 2 hours of Ambient Zone. Hehe, it was quite a weekend :)

Anyway, back to Saturday's shennanigans.

It was a hot sunny Spring day and we all felt like some of the young mods on Vespas in that film Quadrophenia. It was really cool, I hadn't been on a scooter since I went to Koh Lanta nearly 3 years ago, although it was not too hard to feel like a pro scooter rider again! Probably the funniest moment was when a friend of Annette's was showing off with a little skidding brakey-action to his friend who had a camera, when he suddenly stopped and did a cartwheel over the top of the bike and landed amazingly unhurt on the side of the carpark. It was a total Buster Keaton fall! The whole thing is probably floating around on youtube somewhere by now i'm sure..

Other than that, life's just cruising along for me at the moment. Life is going pretty well, getting my house all snazzy and ready for a summer of beaching and cocktails. I can't wait until I find a funky old 1950s bar in a Salvos store to put in the corner of my pad. Then all will be super well. I'm sure to be putting photos of that online when I get it stocked up. I might have to make it a Hawaiian tiki theme for my housewarming. Some other suggestions for themes for a party that have been thought of include a robot theme party (to keep with the theme of Daft Punk coming to Perth in a few weeks) and of course a uniform party (eg nurses, cop, school clothes etc)!
Oh the choices I must make, the strain of it all..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here