Monday, August 06, 2007

Winter


two-face
Originally uploaded by mrlederhosen
It's been a couple of months since I've really added anything of interest to this blog, I guess I've been busy doing regular type things, it seems I haven't been up to anything of particular interest to be writing about here. But things will be changing soon, as I commence a new job in a couple of weeks. It's at the same corporation, just in a different area. As soon as I start, they'll be flying me up to Broome to get trained in what I need to know. How cool, i've never been to Broome before!
We've just had a perfect weather weekend. It was raining and all crapola cold n' stuff for all of last week, and then out came the sun for two glorious days, until last night when it started raining again. This way most Perthites are happy - my city finally gets that rain that it desperately needs, and all the 9-5'ers get a chance to worship the sun when it comes out. Living in Perth, we are so used to endless sunshine with all year sunny conditions and clear skies, that we take it for granted. Most people here, except for those skin-roasting European travellers (and a few teeny emo's who want it to be winter for longer) get so used to the sun that we actually look forward to rainy weather. When we have endless rainy weeks like last week, Perth folk finally understand what it feels like when the sun comes out after not seeing it for a while. I spent my Saturday morning eating breakfast outdoors, lying in the overgrown grass and getting some rays on my pasty winter-white skin.

Aaah, it felt SO good!

Oh yeah and that pic was a time-lapse photo that I took of a couple who were lounging at the table next to us at the Ark Bar in Koh Samui from when I was there last year. I had simply rested the camera on the table and hit the button, I had no idea it would turn out so well!

Things I'll be rambling about online soon:

1) Continuing my travel adventures. I have only written up to the second month of my travels, I still have nine more months of silliness to write about! ..yes I keep saying i'll do this i know..
2) RTR shennanigans, and the upcoming radiothon that starts next week.
3) Updates on the crazy tunes i've been listening to lately,
4) Political rants and why everyone is wrong except for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here