Monday, August 06, 2007

Truffle and mustard combo


Would you stay here?
Originally uploaded by mrlederhosen
It appears I have already posted that photo with the two-face in September of 2006, whoops! To make up for it, here's a photo of a hotel sign. Yes yes, it's predictable graffitti and it's probably been done 72,000 times before, but it raised a smile when I saw it yesterday.

I was in Mundaring for the annual Mundaring Truffle Festival, hehe, what a cool reason for a festival, everyone spending big money on brown smelly fungus things that look like dog poo! Well, I finally got to taste a truffle. It's a subtle taste, but really good. The place was full of poncy society types in their ridiculous $100,000 BMW status 4wd's, and it did cost $5 for a peice of bread with brie and truffle spread, but I thought it was a pretty cool day out anyway. Anle and I hooned around Mundaring listening to cruisy driving tunes. It sure was good to get out of the city for a change. I don't think i've left the city for months! Nothing like a trip to the hills and some forests and fresh air to get me pepped up. On the way back to the city we stopped at Jenn and Chris' new Kalamunda pad to say hi, they live accross the road from a forest. How cool!
Wowsers, I can't believe they have to drive for an hour just to get to the city. I'd much rather live in the city any day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here