Thursday, December 29, 2005

Pics from my mobile


I finally found out how to send pics from my mobile phone to an email address. I will try and post some pics of my life and my city as often as possible. The other night, my ol' mate Reed came to town from Chicago to see his mates and family. He seems to have become the man on the poker table and we were up all night throwing the cards around. I'm not really the gambling type, but it is pretty cool to sit around all night drinking, listening to cranking tunes and pretending i'm James Bond from time to time. Next time we really should get the cigars along, to live up to the standards of the cliche! How's that setting? - we're sitting in a shed, with two fridges, an official poker table and terrible lighting, hehe, what a hoot!

2 Comments:

Blogger mrlederhosen said...

What's Texas Hold 'em? Sounds like a lot of fun! I don't know much about the world of gambling, I see it as up there with smoking and heroin in terms of it's addictability and destructiveness; that being said it is fun to get into occaisionally :)

It is fun to have a poker night as an excuse for a boys night(or with girls too, I don't really care about that! :P) But to be honest I'm pretty naive about all the games! I am, however, a master at 'Shithead', as it was the only way of communicating with the people I stayed with in Finland! They called it 'Paskiannen'. Yes that is the only word that I know in Finnish!

You'll have to send me a link to a website with the rules!

4:58 pm  
Blogger mrlederhosen said...

Hehe, what a great story! Yes that is the version we were playing that night, but I didn't win! We spent New Years day trying NOT to gamble at the Perth Cup, an annual racing festival. It's the first time I've been, it was pretty cool! I hope you had a happy new year yo'self.
.. you mean not ALL Texans wear big hats and ride horses? Golly gosh! ;P

8:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here