Wednesday, December 28, 2005

RIP Hermione

I was going to write about having a great Christmas, as it was a good Christmas with all the family there and lots of fun was had! I will write about that in a little while - but last night our little Rat Hermione died. She was our first rat and she was about 3 years old, so she was elderly in rat years. She had been sick for a few months, but Jess always diligently cleaned her and took her to the vet everytime she looked like she needed attention. I've found this pic that I had posted in March from when Hermi and Cupcake ran riot on Shelley Beach, it's a good one of her. I'll look through my pic archives and post some other cool photos of her online.
It was fun, farewell sweet ratly Hermi-Herms. I'm sure you're wriggling your way around Ratty-Heaven now!

6 Comments:

Blogger Elise said...

sorry. :(

8:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! How sad. I'm so sorry, Grant.

4:46 am  
Blogger mrlederhosen said...

Thanks for your words. She lived a charmed life, much better than probably any rat has lived, and she was old. So although I'm sad, it's not a tragic death knowing she lived well. She had fun and had the company of two other rats, so I guess it was just her time.

8:40 am  
Blogger mrlederhosen said...

Thanks everyone for your condolences. Wow what a friendly little group of internet buddies we are forming here!

8:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Grant, I'm sorry to hear the news about Hermione, I didn't know Jess had a pet rat. I saw the picture and she looked very affectionate. Bless my ignorance but I thought all rats were grey, D'oh me. Will ye get another pet?

6:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
» » »

1:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here