Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bring on the Smurf pants!


Best festival ever
Originally uploaded by mrlederhosen
Technology really rocks sometimes. On the weekend I finally got myself connected to the world of Facebook. By Monday I had been tracked down by one of my oldest and bestest buddies, Kitty Sparkles, whom I had lost contact with since 2000. We met in 1996 when she threw sparkley glitter in my hair randomly at a party as she scooted past me in silver rollerskates. We hung out for years, and even lived together at Alpha House in Newtown for a good two years or so. I still remember cutting a commercial for Advertising honcho John Singleton the day after I met Kitty, and he laughed at me for coming to work with glittery hair! (It took two weeks to get that out of my hair)!
So anyway, she moved to Queensland, got married and I moved overseas and eventually to the west coast. We lost touch and nearly caught up a few times over the years but not quite.
It is so very cool to be in touch again. Amazing how being busy and focussing on one's own life can allow so much time to pass without really noticing it.
Also linked to Kitty was Sally, another one of my buddies from Newtown. She had some cool photos from this extreme bush doof rave we all went to, it was in a forest about an hour south of Sydney. I remember metre high electrically blue mushrooms, lazers and lots of dust. And just after this photo was taken we decided to go surfing (after not having slept) and I remember we all got slammed in the surf.. the magic Smurf pants didn't save me that day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here