Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Suddenly this morning it rained and it rained hard. Quite amazing considering this is Perth and we pretty much don't get any rain in February. So finally I get a moment to actually enjoy being in front of a computer. The problem with having a desk job is that when you get home from work you just can't be bothered jumping in front of a computer again.

Well, this entry has started with a bland yawn! Enough! Here is a great scan of a postcard that I found decaying on tourist card stand on the Rynek (town square) of Poznan in Poland. For some reason I love old crappy postcards where the colours just aren't quite right. And especially when most of the images contained in it are of mediocre buildings. Well, this one here has a few decent ones in it, but the washed out colours, the tired and dirty paper it was made on, the pollution piled up on the top of it, and its bent curl just said 'please give me a home' to me.
I am currently looking for my old shoebox filled with years of postcards. I used to write regularly with a Canadian friend, and we used to challenge each other to send the worst postcards we could find. So I guess I sent her most of my most crapola cards, but it also means I should have a collection of her worst! So watch this space for awesomely boring postcards! Are you not excited yet? I know I am! Yawn. I think I'll go to bed now.

Maybe I'll read a book about a magic postcard.. or maybe I won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here